Your Privacy & The Information We Collect
Fair Processing Notice
The personal data we collect from you will be used for the following purposes:
- To obtain car finance.
By consenting to this, you are giving us permission to perform those actions.
You may withdraw consent at any time.
What is Personal Data?
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation, Personal Data is defined as
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Special Categories of Personal Data
Certain data is classified under the Regulation as ”special categories”:
- Ethnic origin
- Political Opinions
- Religious Beliefs
- Trade-union membership
- Genetic Data
- Biometric Data
- Health Data
- Data concerning a natural person’s sex life
- Sexual orientation
Consent is required for Skyemotion Limited to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
Why does Skyemotion Limited need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with services, we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes and/or detailed service provision
In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy. We may pass your personal data on to Third Party service providers who are contracted to Skyemotion Limited in the course of dealing with you.
Our contractors are obliged to keep your details securely, and use them only to fulfil the service requested. Once your service need has been satisfied or the case has been closed, they will dispose of the details in line with our firm’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do so.
How Skyemotion Limited uses your information
Skyemotion Limited will process – that means collect, store and use – the information you provide in a manner that is compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We will endeavor to keep your information accurate and up to date and not keep it for longer than is necessary. In some instances, the law sets the length of time information has to be kept, but in most cases, we will use its discretion to ensure that we do not keep records outside of our normal business requirements.
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Using your personal data
We will use the information you provide for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the product / service that you have applied for;
- to consider & process your finance application and/or allow a third party funder to provide appropriate vehicle finance product;
- to allow us to provide a quotation and process your application to enable a third party insurer to provide you with a suitable insurance product or service tailored to your individual needs;
- to provide you with any information on the products or services you have requested;
- to update and improve our customer records;
We may collect personal information by use of this site:
- Directly (by completing contact forms or application forms).
We may process the following information about you:
- Information you submit to us via the Site;
- Any written or oral or email correspondence you send to us;
- Details of website visits and the pages that you use
We use your information:
- To consider and process your finance application which would include sending this securely data to a third party lender
- For our reasons such as quality assurance, website performance
- Your information maybe shared with credit reference agencies, third party, funders and others to help process your enquiries. This may involve a soft or hard credit search.
- We collect statistics & data about visitors to the website and traffic. This does not identify users in any personal way and this information is not used to profile individual users.
- Your information for as long as is necessary.
We may to contact you:
- By mail, phone, email or text with details of products, services that may be of interest to you, unless you have stated otherwise.
You can unsubscribe to this at any time by sending an email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Credit Reference Agencies
When you make an application with us, we will carry out a search with credit reference agencies (Equifax / Experian or Call Credit) for the purpose of an appraisal of your credit sore in connection with your application for finance.
If you do not wish your information to be stored outside the EEA, Please do not send us your information. By submitting your information to us, you agree to us and storing your information outside the EEA. Please do not send us your information if you do not want it to be transferred to or stored outside the EEA. By providing your information to us you agree and consent to us transferring to, and storing your information, at a destination outside the EEA. At any time you can see the information we store about you. If you wish to see it or for any errors to be corrected please contact us at:email@example.com Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you are entitled to view the personal information we hold about you. It can be provided with a small fee of £10 to cover our admin costs incurred.
Contact us at Skyemotion Ltd – Office 25 The Old School, 188 Liscard Road, Liscard, Wirral, CH44 5TN
A condensed guide to the use of your personal information by ourselves, 3rd parties and at Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies
1) When you apply for finance with us (Skyemotion Ltd), your details will be passed into a 3rd party company BlueOwl Network Ltd T/A Autoconvert.co.uk (contact details below), this organisation will check the following records about you and with their chosen Credit Reference Agency (CRA), Equifax Ltd (contact details below)
a) Our own;
c) Those at Equifax Ltd. When Equifax receives a search request from us via Autoconvert, they will place a soft quotation footprint that will be visible to you only, on your credit file, other parties including lenders will not see this. This quotation footprint will not be seen by other parties and will not affect your credit score/rating or ability to apply or finance from other lenders.
d) Autoconvert.co.uk will access from Equifax Ltd both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information. This information will be used to check your eligibility against a select group of lenders.
e) We will not see any information on your credit file, Autoconvert.co.uk will only provide a list of lenders that you are likely to be accepted for given the information supplied using there brokering technology that understands most the acceptance criteria of the lenders on their panel.
f) Those at fraud prevention agencies (FPAs).
We will make checks such as; assessing this application for credit and verifying identities to prevent and detect crime.
2) Information on applications will be sent to CRAs and will be recorded by them.
3) If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect or identify fraud we will record this and may also pass this information to FPAs and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention.
4) Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
How to find out more
You can contact our chosen 3rd Party, BlueOwl Network Ltd T/A Autoconvert.co.uk or the Credit Reference Agency, Equifax; the information they hold may not be the same so it is worth contacting them all.
Equifax Ltd, Customer Services Centre, PO Box 10036, Leicester, LE3 4FS or call 0800 014 2955 or log on to www.equifax.co.uk
Autoconvert.co.uk, The Granary, 50 Barton Road, Worsley, Greater Manchester, M28 2EB. www.autoconvert.co.uk
There are some funders / 3rd parties on our panel that require us to tell you in advance who they are so please see below some of the funders / companies we use and may send your details to.
Advantage Finance Limited – https://www.advantage-finance.co.uk/home/privacy.asp
- Concept Car Credit – https://www.conceptcarcredit.co.uk/privacy-policy/
1st Stop Car Finance Limited – https://www.1ststop.co.uk/privacy-policy
- Moneybarn No.1 Limited – https://www.moneybarn.com/privacy-policy/
Retail Money Market Limited (Trading as Ratesetter) – https://www.ratesetter.com/privacy
The Funding Corporation Limited – http://www.thefundingcorporation.com/important-information/
Shawbrook Bank Limited – https://www.shawbrook.co.uk/privacy-notice/
Premium Plan Limited – http://www.premiumplan.co.uk/privacy-policy/
Lendable Limited – https://www.lendable.co.uk/privacy
Marsh Finance Ltd – http://www.marshfinance.com/privacy/
- The Car Loan Centre – https://www.thecarloancentre.co.uk/Policy
Zuuma Finance Ltd – https://www.zuuma.co.uk/privacypolicy
This list is not exhaustive and can change. Please contact us if you wish to see the current list.